Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Criminal Trial 101.

We hope that you or a loved one never has to be faced with a criminal trial in Ohio or any other state for that matter.  Just in case one ever haunts your family we want you to understand the basics.  Depending on the circumstances, you may receive a summons, an appearance notice, etc.  No matter what document it happens to be, make sure that you hang on to it.

Soon, the prosecutors must give you a copy of all of the charges against you.  This is known as “disclosure”.  They must disclose police reports, witness statements, a history of your personal criminal record, and any statements you may have already made.  Here is an important lesson.  Call an attorney BEFORE you incriminate yourself!

That is why I have served Northeast Ohio for many years defending criminal cases in Ohio courts.  Akron is my home and criminal law is my sole focus.  My name is Jon Sinn.  I hope that you or your family will never need to call me, but sometimes the only sin you may have committed is NOT calling me…Ohio criminal defense attorney Jon Sinn at (330) 431-0160.

No comments:

Post a Comment